Wednesday, February 22, 2012

{ ______ for Lent}


In all my adult years, I have for some reason never observed Lent. Not that I did not want to... it just not something that I had put very much thought into. After receiving some things* in the mail from a pastor at my church, & getting a better understanding as to what Lent is, I made the decision to observe this year. I think she explained it best with: 
"[...] Lent is a 40-day period before Easter when we are called to take inventory of our lives, commune more intimately with God, and clear out those things that may distract us from our commitment to Him. In a sense, it is a season of preparing for spiritual growth."
Decision made. I'm giving up all eating establishments with a drive-thru for Lent this year.
Are you observing Lent this year?

*It always amazes me how God always sends you some form of encouragement when you need it the most. Those items were very much needed and appreciated.

Flats: Route 66 | Pants and Sweater: ON | Tank: Target


No comments:

Post a Comment