Sunday, January 1, 2012

{2011 Recap}

View 2010's recap here.

January...
I got to go home early from work due to snow, finally broke my rule about wearing black & brown together, wished Tina & Latoya a happy birthday and was traumatized during a meal at Red Robins... thanks baby Jaben!

February...
I indulged in a childhood favorite, completed my Fayetteville photo project, wished my younger-older brother a happy birthday, and put together the patented Crystal Hospital Care Pack for my sister.

March...
I welcomed my nephew Izzy into the world, started planning a couple of trips, washed my car multiple time due to the 80+ degree weather & the pollen, and attended the "Celebrate Life" cancer walk fundraiser.

April...
I was left speechless at the destruction a tornado caused, wished Marilyn a happy birthday, started "outfit of the day" on the blog, cruised to Raleigh on Good Friday and morned the lost of my dog Jade.

May...
I confessed my love of watermelon, saw my niece & the mini-choir perform for the first time, found out that I'm an introvert, attended the Dogwood Festival and got my life-changing invite to Pinterest.

June...
I went to Paradise Acres for the first time in years, wished my sister & niece a happy birthday, loved the "car people" in my life, attended some softball games and was reminded of the fact that haters are gonna hate.

July...
I celebrated my birthday, paid my final car payment, brushed up on the NC traffic signs for my license renewal, and witnessed Extreme Home Makeover in person.

August...
I made my own Maxi dress, finally went out-of-town to celebrate my birthday, wished Willy & Ana a happy birthday, and did a happy dance that the Uraki in my life is no more.

September...
I wished my mom a happy birthday & celebrated, was introduced to some amazing bands, and accepted the fact that the current season of my life was over.

October...
I attended a baby shower for the first time in almost 10 years, was threatened by a friend & her new digital camera, fell in love with the color mustard, and had a great time volunteering at my church's fall festival even through my back hurt for days afterwards.

November...
I went to the beach to do some major outlet Christmas shopping, congratulated Latoya & Kevin on the birth of their baby, got the horrifying news that my mom was in ICU, finally accepted coffee as a form of caffeine in my life, COOKED the entire Thanksgiving meal, wished my oldest brother a happy birthday and realized that it's during extremely tough times that you find out who your friends are.

December...
I welcomed my mom home after being released from the hospital & inpatient rehab, attended the company 80s prom themed Christmas party at The Myrtle Beach Marriott Resort & Spa at Grande Dunes, saw all of my favorite Christmas movies at least once, and spent the Christmas holiday with my whole family... best gift ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment